Think Globally, Treat Locally: Bringing Home the Lessons of International Health
Boston International was pleased to co-sponsor a networking event with Providers for Progress (www.providersforprogress.com), a community of health care professionals in the Boston area. The event featured international health leaders, who introduced their work and then all attendees mingled and networked in a fun, social setting.
Featured international health leaders at the event included:
- Bo Madsen, MD – Program Director of the Icelandic Emergency Medicine Initiative in Iceland. He has a strong interest in development of emergency care systems internationally.
- Kevin Ban, MD – Led the development of the first pediatric trauma center and system in Italy. He coordinated a regional emergency medicine project to build an educational infrastructure for over 900 emergency medicine physicians in Tuscany, Italy.
- Surendra Sharma, MD – A lecturer at the Harvard School of Public Health, Surendra was heavily involved in India’s Global Polio Eradication Initiative as a Surveillance Medical Officer for the WHO.
- Jesse Rideout, MD, MPH - Director of Simulation Education and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Tufts University, Jesse has experience leading an emergency medicine education project in Southeast Asia and in disaster preparedness.
- Jon Shaffer – Community Engagement Coordinator for Partners In Health. Jon served for two years as the Executive Director of GlobeMed.
About Providers for Progress
Providers for Progress is a group of health care professionals dedicated to improving the quality, value and equity of medical care by creating a social platform for today’s and tomorrow’s health care leaders to meet and learn from each other.
Providers for Progress organizes meet-ups for the Boston healthcare community. Each event has a theme related to improving patient care. Featured guests are invited based on their expertise related to the event’s theme.
For more information, check out Providersforprogress.com
February 16, 2012 from 7 – 9 pm
Clery’s Bar & Restaurant (function room)
113 Dartmouth St., Boston, MA